Sunday, November 15, 2015

Bricks


"...Then I realized there were so many little bricks. And I wanted to count them... There was this beautiful spiral stairway made from those small bricks, and whoever I was with was counting them with me... she was counting millions, then billions, then this number I hadn't ever heard of, and we hadn't reached the bottom... (Bricks: solidity, endurance; something in your life that is meant to last). Counting my bricks = Standing on God's promises..." - Journal Entry, Nov. 5, 2013


""The sun shall no more be your light by day, nor for brightness shall the moon give you light; but the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory (beauty). Your sun shall no more go down, nor your moon withdraw itself; for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of mourning shall be ended." Isaiah 60:19-20... I no longer have to put my trust in the things I can see, the things I've come to trust for guidance (my instincts, what I've learned) because You [God] are above all that and greater than all of that." - Journal Entry, Jan. 6, 2014


I know a lot of people who never remember their dreams, or just have really crazy, I-ate-pizza-too-close-to-bedtime dreams. I am definitely not one of those people. :)

I dream really frequently, and I almost always remember them in detail. And I always know if they're just funny dreams because my brain is full, or if they're more than that. 
Sometimes when I'm really struggling with something and asking God for clarity, that clarity comes in dreams.

In this season, I had started to put my focus on what I saw happening around me in the moment... and I was getting really frustrated. It's uncomfortable.... hoping for something that you absolutely cannot see. Trying to wrestle through what in the heck I am supposed to do with what I feel like God has said to me, this hope that's sprouting in my heart, and my circumstances... which seem to be completely at odds with the former two.

This dream came at the perfect time! Stopping to think about the solidity of Who God is... Realizing that those bricks were all the little (and big) moments in which God had been faithful to me, and maybe I need to stop and count them more often.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment