Thursday, November 5, 2015

What are you thinking about?




My heart is so quick to run to worry...
I think I'm protecting myself by having my guard up, keeping my eyes wide open, looking out for the next potential disaster.
If I know it's coming, I can prepare myself and be okay... right?

Except...
If I'm always looking for disaster, I'll definitely find it.
Or I'll create more disaster by trying to avoid it.

"Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things..." (Phil. 4:8)

Not one of those attributes points to fear or worry.

"Here's my heart, Lord...
                 Speak what is true."


No comments:

Post a Comment