Monday, November 21, 2011

Recent Happenings..



Well, let me tell you people...
When you give your life to Jesus, you really don't have time or occasion for it to be boring! :)
A few of the things that have happened to me, as of late:


- I donated plasma. 
  Probably you either think that's really weird, really gross, or 
  really cool. Let me tell you, I was quite terrified. I had a few
  main reasons for doing it:
      1) My friend Meganne is getting married in March (woohoo! 
         :D), and she asked me to be one of her bridesmaids! So I 
         want to raise money to pay for the dress.
      2) I have a significantly large amount of debt from student 
         loans, and I figured out that with the amount I pay
         toward them every month, I'm covering interest and paying
         very little toward the principle. Super Lame! So I want 
         to try to put more toward that each month. :) 
      3) I am *terrified* of needles and have had bad experiences 
         with giving blood. So I have decided to conquer that
         fear! :)
      4) I'll be saving lives, of course! :)
  
  Well, let me tell you. It was really weird. Without getting too 
  graphic, I'll just make you aware that it is not very much like 
  giving blood at all. It's much more intense. 


My poor arm... this was after I took off the bandage. 
It's much better now :)

- I attended Love Feast! 
  Love Feast is the base's version of a family Thanksgiving 
  dinner. It's a really nice meal that we get dressed up for and 
  look forward to every year. This year everything was gorgeous, 
  and we had prime rib! :)
Fancy for the Feast! :)

My dear friends, Meg and Angie...love these girls! :)



Me and Meganne! :)

- I cut my hair.
  Yes. I personally cut it. It was quite awful. Like, I couldn't 
  even bring myself to take a picture of it because it was that 
  embarrassing. 
  But! Caitlin fixed it, because she's a hair genius! :)
  So here's what it looks like:



- Praying about going to Korea. 
  Our department leader asked me and Kathryn (the girl I work 
  with) to pray about going to Korea for two weeks to teach an SST
  camp! :) I am so freaking excited! I'm still praying, because it
  would mean I need to raise $1500 on top of my monthly support to
  pay for the trip. Please be praying with me! :)

So thankful today for who God is! 
He is my provider, my portion, my friend... and His joy is my strength! :)

Love!
Justine





No comments:

Post a Comment